This article has been designed to assist users with any problems they might be seeing with the performance fitting or FSX Mobile app. The steps below have been known to resolve most problems we have experienced with the applications.
Updating Android to the latest version:
- Click on to Settings from the Home screen and select System.
- Now select System Update and then Check for update (if available).
- Install any system updates to the Android version there may be here.
- Please note:
- The Performance Fitting app requires a Tablet for use on Android, using version 4.3 and up.
- FSX Mobile requires Android version 6.0 and up. Please note, FSX Mobile requires you to be logged into an FSX Live Account with an FSX 2018 / 2020 Licence code assigned to it on a compatible Windows PC in order to be unlocked for use.
Updating Mobile App:
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for and select your chosen App on the Play Store - or locate it within the My Apps and Games section of the menu.
- If available, download any updates.
Manually close all other open apps on the device:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, or press a dedicated Recent Items button (which may be a physical button next to the Home Button, or on screen) this should bring up a row of apps on the screen.
- Swipe all open apps up to the top of the screen / off to the side and release them to close them.
- Once there is nothing left in this view all your apps are closed.
Perform a soft reboot of the device:
- Hold down the Power / unlock button on your phone until a menu with further options appears.
- Select power off / shut down and wait for device to shut down.
- Hold the power button until the device turns back on.
Forget and reconnect the GC2 in the settings:
- Open the settings
- Navigate to Connected Devices (or something similar)
- View your paired Bluetooth Devices (this may be visible under this initial screen or you may have to select the Bluetooth connection)
- Select your GC2 by pressing the Settings (Gear) Icon next to your GC2
- Then press "Forget"
- Navigate to the GC2 again and pair with it again.
Forget and reconnect the GCQuad in the settings:
- Open the settings.
- Navigate to Network and Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select your GCQuad.
- Then press "Forget".
- Turn the Wi-Fi connection off and then on again via the slider / button.
- Navigate to your GCQuad again and pair with it once more.
Refresh the Bluetooth Connection:
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to open the Notification Panel.
- Press the Bluetooth icon to turn it off and then when it is no longer illuminated, press to switch it back on again.
Power Cycle the Launch Monitor:
- Turn the launch monitor off.
- Wait for it to shut down completely.
- Restart the unit.
GCQuad registration expiration:
- Has the unit's registration expired? A guide on how to re-register the GCQuad is below:
- Connect the GCQUAD directly to your internet router with an Ethernet cable and switch the unit on.
- Leave the GCQuad connected for approximately 120 seconds and then turn the unit off.
- Turn the unit back on again and verify that the notification “Registration Expired” is no longer present.
- Remove the unit from the router and check that the GCQuad can connect to your device while recording the ball and club data.
- If the data is not present connect the unit to the router and retry the steps above.
- GCQuad Registration Video Guide: https://vimeo.com/355557760
Reinstall Device Firmware
- Navigate to the following web page - Drivers & Downloads - and download the latest firmware version for your launch monitor.
- Run through the steps in the install wizard to update / reinstall the launch monitor operating software.
- Firmware update guides can be found on our Help Centre, and are also attached to this message.
Delete the app, and re-download/install it [please note, this will remove all shot data on the device]:
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for and select your chosen App on the Play Store - or locate it within the My Apps and Games section of the menu and select it.
- Press uninstall.
- Once fully uninstalled you will be presented with an Install button once more - press this to reinstall the app.
- I would ensure that your device has a sufficient amount of storage (I would recommend 20%) free to allow the device to work effectively;
- Go to Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Perform a hard reset of the launch monitor by pressing and holding the power button until the device switches itself off and see if the issue continues on the next connection attempts once powered on again.
- You can also perform a hard reset on the GCQuad by removing the battery from the bottom of the device and seeing if the issue continues on the next connection attempts once powered on again.
- Try connecting the mobile device to something else (PC, another tablet or phone, a car etc.) - this will allow you to see if the Bluetooth is working correctly on your device elsewhere.
- As Bluetooth connectivity can be affected by additional Bluetooth devices in the area, we recommend turning off any other devices where possible to reduce the interference.
- Ensure the Launch Monitor is not connected to any other devices/networks when trying to establish a connection via your chosen connection type on your device. Also try standing close to the Launch Monitor, in particular, whilst trying to connect via a Bluetooth connection, this will ensure that you have the strongest connection possible to connect.
- The applications work best when used on tablets with screens of 10 inches or more.
If you require additional assistance, please email email@example.com